Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Say no to peels


For those of you who have considered having “work done” there is a safe alternative. Frankly when I see the amount of plastic surgery gone wrong my skin crawls, but sadly accidents happen everyday and many people end up looking horrible. The skin on your face is very sensitive and shouldn’t be a canvas for heavy duty acids and scrubs. Therefore, this blog is dedicated to natures answer to proper exfoliation. Before I began my research I was a big fan of scrubbing my face RAW until it was numb. My belief was that only intensive scrubbing can get rid of all the dead skin cells accumulated on my face. This is not the best way to go around the problem. There are two ways of possible exfoliation, one is chemical the other is physical. The chemical way seeps into your pores and sloughs away the debris, the chemicals way simply sweeps it off. Instead of using large amounts of Glycolic acid and harsh scrubs you can discover the three P’s: papayas, pineapples and pumpkin. Yes thats right, common fruit. You may also ask why is this important and what’s all the fuss about? Exfoliating properly improves your fight against acne (if you have it), dull skin color and dryness. All three conditions are derived from an improper skin shedding cycle.

What...Why? All three fruit contain powerful enzymes that basically eat away the invisible dirt sitting on your face. All of the following masks I recommend have been tested on my own face and approved. Furthermore they are noncomedogenic and wont irritate the skin (unless you’re EXTREMELY sensitive, in that case I will dedicate my next blog to you)


Alba Botanica Papaya Enzyme Face Mask - Papain, the main enzyme in papaya will promote better blood circulation and pineapple enriched with a multitude of vitamins will make your skin look radiant. The mask is gelly like and a little goes a very long way. This mask is awesome because it really does work, and it feels refreshing when you put it on. This mask costs around 12 dollars and you can easily purchase it on line.


Make-up Artists Choice Pumpkin Exfoliating Mask - Yes, its pumpkin and its powerful. This mask is full of minerals like zinc, niacin, riboflavin which contain anti-inflammatory properties. And it contains Lactic, Ascorbic and Glycolic acids, in small amounts, to boost skins exfoliation. Its 20 dollars and you can purchase it at makeupartistschoice.com


Soft Papaya and Pumpkin Mask by Galina Todd- Im Russian and therefore know a few small businesses that sell amazing products unknown to many Americans. One of them is owned by Galina Todd, a former TV host who introduced a best selling line of skin and hair products. This mask is great because in addition to papaya and pumpkin it contains green tea and French white clay which minimizes pores and soothes irritation. Its 24 dollars and very worth it. Heres the link:http://moysekret.com/index.php?page=catalog&spage=8&item=161

2 comments:

  1. I have a lot of problems with my skin and don't really know what to do. I tried everything I could find in my local pharmacy and nothing helps. I even used Proactive for a while but it made it even worst. So, I am a little hesitant to spend a lot of money anymore... Are those products expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me exactly what you are experiencing, what's your skin type, how old are you and you're ethnicity. All these factors play a big role in what you can use. Proactive is terrible, Ive tried it too, dont worry there is ALWAYS a way out.

    ReplyDelete

 
Natural beautiful healthy skin Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites Healthy Glowing Skin - Blogged Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Blog Search Health Blogs - Blog Rankings Beauty blogs & blog posts blog search directory My Zimbio
Top Stories blog search Blog Directory Wil's Domain
Blog Directory  engine blogarama - the blog directory
Musings of a Muse