Thursday, July 16, 2009

Perfect Tinted Moisturizer


After searching high and low for a perfect tinted moisturizer I have concluded that Korres Ginger and Vitamins Foundation and Tarte Smooth Operater are perfect. Tinted moisturizers are amazing if you have acne prone skin. Before I would use foundation but it looked way too heavy, and believe me I have tried almost everything. In addition most foundations, about 95%, have at least one pore clogging ingredient, even if they say they are non-comedogenic and dermatologist tested. Therefore I concluded that tinted moisturizers and some face powder are a much better alternative.


Korres Ginger and Vitamins Foundation- all natural, contains no parabens, synthetic fragrances or sulfates. Although it says that its a foundation, it is quite light and water based therefore it will give you a fair amount of coverage. This wonderful product contains ingredients like Vitamin C that eliminate redness and uneven skin tone. It never clogged my pores, and I am very sensitive, and looks fantastic all day long. In my opinion, heavy foundation just accentuates acne prone skin, especially if its matte. This products looks very nice with powder, however if you want a satin finish, just leave it one its own. Lastly its SPF 15, and comes in 15 different shades, available now in Sephora.


Tarte Smooth Operator - I love the Tarte Brand, I have been using their Gel Blush for years now, however the tinted moisturizer is just as amazing. Like Korres it is all natural and contains no petro-chemicals or phthalates. In addition, it also has no pore clogging ingredients, is water based and has SPF 20. If you want a more soothing tinted moisturizer, then this one is better since Tarte contains chamomile and Vitamin A. The coverage is a little lighter than Korres however I believe this product covers enough without looking chalky and mask like.


Both of these products look great with some face powder, if you have very oily skin and require frequent touch ups. Since I myself never use face powder I cant recommend however I have heard very good things about Shiseido.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Natural beautiful healthy skin Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites Healthy Glowing Skin - Blogged Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Blog Search Health Blogs - Blog Rankings Beauty blogs & blog posts blog search directory My Zimbio
Top Stories blog search Blog Directory Wil's Domain
Blog Directory  engine blogarama - the blog directory
Musings of a Muse